XFree86-4 won't build on 4.9

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu Feb 12 23:07:39 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:40:05PM +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>I've just wiped all my packages to do a clean rebuild and it has
>failed virtually at the start: With an up-to-date /usr/ports and
>non-existent /etc/make.conf, XFree86-4 won't build on
>4.9-approximately-RELEASE.

I checked against a (successful) build at work and found that my
/usr/include/osreldate.h was setting __FreeBSD_version to 502101
instead of 490000.  I've never run -current in that partition so I'm
not exactly sure what happened.  I'll use it as an excuse to upgrade
to a more current stable.

Thanks to Kent Stewart for confirming that it was a local error
and sorry for the noise.

Peter