Using FreeBSD cluster for bug hunting?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 9 12:18:46 PST 2004

Hello, ports! How are you?

  May be, I don't understand something?

  I need to track bug in some port on ia64 platform. I, as maintainer,
have access to pluto(1|2).freebsd.org. I have write rights in my
home dir and in /p/scracth. Ok. But port, which I need to debug,
need autoconf (it is not installed), it asks for perl, and perl
ignore PREFIX when build and try to installs into /usr/local in any
case! And it is only one of many problems with dependences. Many
ports need many other ports even for configure stage, and it is like
avalanche!

  How this problem could be solved?

--
               Lev Serebryakov