Current cvs kde3 breaks for me in kdelibs-3.2 - Spinlock

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Feb 9 03:47:04 PST 2004

On Monday 09 February 2004 07:12, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> >> (02.09.2004 @ 0030 PST): Michael Nottebrock said, in 1.7K: <<
> >
> > On Sunday 08 February 2004 17:12, I wrote:
> > > Adam Weinberger sagte:
> > >
> > > Arrrgh, of course, mkspecs. Hurrah for static host definitions. We
> > > probably need some REINPLACE 's|-lc_r|${PTHREAD_LIBS}' in devel/qmake.
> > > IIRC, we only reinplace -pthread atm.
> >
> > I've looked at it, and actually we don't need that (there is no -lc_r in
> > mkspecs/freebsdg++/qmake.conf).
>
> There was in mine.

Yes, after the REINPLACE it did in the port Makefile of devel/qmake. The stock
qmake.conf provided by Trolltech in the distfile defaults to -pthread.

> > My guess is, that qmake was compiled on a pre-pthreadlibs-change -CURRENT
> > (so -pthread was replaced with -lc_r in mkspecs/freebsd-g++/qmake.conf),
> > and qt32 indeed uses the mkspecs which are installed by qmake.
>
> qmake was installed maybe 2 weeks ago or so.

Which would support my theory.

> > So in order to smoothly upgrade qt32 to the new state of things, you
> > would probably need to rebuild both qmake and qt32 (in that order). I'm
> > not sure why it linked to BOTH -lpthread and lc_r, maybe the -lpthread
> > came from a dependency lib...
>
> I had tried rebuilding qmake, but there was no change. Could it be that
> qmake build was also reading from a qmake.conf that had -lpthreads in it?

Hmm. Reading both the installed qmake.conf in /usr/local/share/[...] and
${WRKSRC}? Now that would be ugly... I'll try and simulate this here somehow,
I don't run -CURRENT myself.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org