Current cvs kde3 breaks for me in kdelibs-3.2 - Spinlock

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sun Feb 8 21:30:18 PST 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 17:12, I wrote:
> Adam Weinberger sagte:
> > qt32 was building uic with -lpthread -lc_r, i assume from something in
> > qt/mkspecs/freebsd-g++. This caused the build to die in
> > designer/designer as soon as the built uic was run.
>
> Arrrgh, of course, mkspecs. Hurrah for static host definitions. We
> probably need some REINPLACE 's|-lc_r|${PTHREAD_LIBS}' in devel/qmake.
> IIRC, we only reinplace -pthread atm.

I've looked at it, and actually we don't need that (there is no -lc_r in
mkspecs/freebsdg++/qmake.conf).

My guess is, that qmake was compiled on a pre-pthreadlibs-change -CURRENT (so
-pthread was replaced with -lc_r in mkspecs/freebsd-g++/qmake.conf), and qt32
indeed uses the mkspecs which are installed by qmake.

So in order to smoothly upgrade qt32 to the new state of things, you would
probably need to rebuild both qmake and qt32 (in that order). I'm not sure
why it linked to BOTH -lpthread and lc_r, maybe the -lpthread came from a
dependency lib...

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org