can't install gtk20: "Spinlock called when not threaded."

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Feb 8 18:23:08 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 21:15, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Hi,
>
> make install for gtk+-2.2.4_2 ends up with the errors quoted below.
> I pulled src and ports some hours ago, built and installed world, forced
> a portupgrade of png tiff jpeg glib atk pango, to no avail.
>
> My workaround: map libc_r to libpthread via /etc/libmap.conf. Example
> taken from man page :-)

For gtk20, you will first have to remove gucharmap and librsvg2, then
upgrade gtk20.  then continue with the forced portupgrade of all ports.
Then, once all the dependencies for gucharmap and librsvg2 have been
rebuilt, reinstall those guys.  Yes, this sucks.

The good news is, we're working on a bitchin' tool for the GNOME 2.4 -->
2.6 upgrade.

Joe