Port restrictions: Redistribution for profit is not permitted.

Constantine cnst at rbcmail.ru
Sat Feb 7 14:51:47 PST 2004

Hello,

As a university student, I am considering to be a FreeBSD maintainer of
some programming language developed by my professor. He has certain
restrictions on his work --- "Redistribution for profit is not
permitted." --- he does not want anyone to be able to change a few lines
in his code and sale it for profit. :-)

>From
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-restrictions.html>,
I see that I would need to use RESTRICTED variable. In this case, will
the package still be included on the discs and FTP-sites?

Cheers,
Constantine.