FreeBSD Port: docbook-xml-4.2

J. W. Ballantine jwb at homer.att.com
Thu Feb 5 16:18:44 PST 2004

Sorry this reply to so long, but things have been busy here and I
was trying to reconstruct what I did to get it to work.
I did what you recommended, and as I recall still had problems.
I then ran:

xmlcatmgr -c /usr/local/share/xml/catalog.ports remove
/usr/local/share/xml/docbook/4.1.2/catalog.xml

xmlcatmgr -sc /usr/local/share/sgml/catalog.ports remove
/usr/local/share/xml/docbook.cat

When I then tried to install docbook-sk it failed with:

> > > xmlcatmgr: entry already exists for `/usr/local/share/xml/docbook/4.1.2/catalog.xml' of type `nextCatalog'
> > > *** Error code 1

Finally I rm'ed xml, sgml, sk, docbook and another dir in  /usr/local/share/
and everything reloaded fine.

Thanks for the help and  time and effort.

Jim