ports/62302: SIZE in distinfos causes failure with FETCH_CMD=wget

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Thu Feb 5 01:53:45 PST 2004

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:36:22 +0100
des at des.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav) wrote:

> Sergey Matveychuk <sem at ciam.ru> writes:
> > Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > > Why?  What does fetch(1) lack?
> > When I press Ctrl-Break it removes a file. wget - dont.
>
> man fetch
>
> echo 'FETCH_BEFORE_FLAGS=-R' >>/etc/make.conf

Many times this results in a 'local file time doesn't match remote'
errors which doesn't happen with wget or axel. If using -F the checksum
won't match, at least from my experiments.

It also happen that fetch produce sometimes 'File unavailable (e.g.,
file not found, no access)', while with FETCH_CMD=/usr/bin/ftp make
fetch works.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user