ports/62302: SIZE in distinfos causes failure with FETCH_CMD=wget

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Tue Feb 3 11:55:46 PST 2004

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 06:04, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
>
>>Vasil Dimov wrote:
>>
>>>[...]
>>>Existence of the SIZE line causes `-S bytes' to be passed to the fetch command
>>>(according to FETCH_CMD). As it appears wget does not support this feature.
>>
>>You run into a similar problem if you have distfiles in /cdrom/ports/distfiles
>>and do `make FETCH_CMD=wget FETCH_SYMLINK_DISTFILES=yes fetch'. The problem gets
>>worse if you do `make FETCH_CMD=curl fetch'. Either:
>>
>>- only `fetch' is supported, and you can use FETCH_CMD only to specify a different
>>  path to the binary
>>
>>or
>>
>>- we have a reason to support other file transfer utilities (e.g. they support
>>  distributed downloading or special firewall protocols) and have to fix this.
>>
>>So, what do you think?
>
> This is fixed in the current bento run as a DISABLE_SIZE macro has been
> added.  Defining this in /etc/make.conf will disable the -S argument.
> As well, SIZE attributes are now recorded by default unless NO_SIZE is
> defined.
>
> Joe

This does not fix FETCH_SYMLINK_DISTFILES nor support curl. Do we support different
file transfer utilities (wget, curl) or don't we? If we want to, we could use
something like

FETCH_EXTRA_ARGS=	-ARr
FETCH_EXTRA_ARGS+=	$${CKSIZE:+-S $$CKSIZE}
FETCH_CMD?=		/usr/bin/fetch ${FETCH_EXTRA_ARGS}

which is easily extensible to support other tools.

-Oliver