FreeBSD Port: courier-imap-2.2.1,1

Oliver Lehmann oliver at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 2 14:11:06 PST 2004

Hi Ian,

Ian Mahuron wrote:

> First let me thank you for maintaining these fine Courier-IMAP ports!
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct way to address this, but I ran
> into some serious trouble with the 2.2.1,1 port over the weekend.
>
> System is FreeBSD 4.9.  I had complied with both MySQL and SSL
> support.  I experienced various server connection closures (server
> initiates close w/ FIN) in both SSL and non-SSL modes.  Upon reverting
> to 2.1.1,1, I restarted all processes using very same configuration
> files, and everything works perfectly.

> I found ML posts on google from others with the very same problem.
> They reverted to an older version as well.

Hm... I'm sorry to say, that I have no experience with
courier-imap+mysql. What is the official statement from the developers?
Are those problems fixed in CVS (so we may provide a patch for the
port), or are they suggest to downgrade? How does it perform on 2.2.0,
or 2.1.2 (just in case we really have to downgrade)?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/