FreeBSD Port: unison-2.9.20_1

Kay Lehmann kay_lehmann at web.de
Sun Feb 1 22:48:56 PST 2004

Hello,

Ryan Merrick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The ports description and port index misled me to look at other
> synchronization tools because XFree86 and a number of other ports are
> listed as required.

What do you mean? If you allude to

"Unison is a file-synchronization tool for Unix and Windows."

This means it can be used with MS-Windows, too. Depends just list ocaml
and gmake is required for build. It could be build with a graphical ui,
but this isn't implemented in the port (MAKE_ARGS= UISTYLE=text).

> After talking with a friend who uses unison and
> verifying his negative response in the Makefile. I built the port with
> no options and XFree86-libraries were not required.
>
> The actual requirements for my build was:
> ocaml-3.07_1 tcl-8.4.5,1 tk-8.4.5,1 gmake

So I can't see anything telling it requires XFree86 (didn't look at the
port index maybe it's in there?).

Greetings,
Kay