desktop-file-utils

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Tue Dec 28 20:55:49 PST 2004

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 08:34 pm, "Michael C. Shultz"
<ringworm at inbox.lv> wrote:
> I get the following error when trying to deinstall
> desktop-file-utils:
>
> root at ringworm:/usr/ports/devel/desktop-file-utils#make deinstall
> ===>  Deinstalling for devel/desktop-file-utils
> ===>   Deinstalling desktop-file-utils-0.10
> ===>   desktop-file-utils-0.9 has a different PREFIX: /usr/X11R6,
> skipping
> root at ringworm:/usr/ports/devel/desktop-file-utils#
>
> I have no idea what is causing this, do you?

Yes, the 0.10 version installs the binary in ${LOCALBASE}/bin , which
is /usr/local/bin , instead of ${X11BASE}/bin , which
is /usr/X11R6/bin/. I'm not sure why it's not finding it correctly in
your case, as it will deinstall for me. Maybe your pkgdb isn't correct.
Maybe try pkgdb -F. This change has caused some problems (not sure if
the change were intentional), specifically with gimp, and I sent a
patch to the list for that earlier. The patch solves the problem for
gimp, but I'm not sure that desktop-file-utils is supposed to be
installing in LOCALBASE.

> Also I think going from version 0.9 to 0.10 is actually going
> backwards, probably should have gone from 0.09 to 0.10, and maybe you
> are going to need to set PORTEPOCH=1 ?

Not sure ...

- jt