Trouble determining ./configure options in ports

Jonathan Reeder jreeder at minutemenu.com
Mon Dec 27 15:13:37 PST 2004

I'm trying to install the samba3 port, and I'm having trouble figuring out
whether or not the --with-pam config option is being set.  I've looked
through the Makefile in /usr/ports/net/samba3, but I have to admit its not
making all that much sense to me.

I really don't want to install samba from source, but it doesn't appear to
me that --with-pam is being set by ports' Makefile, since I don't have a
/etc/pam.d/samba file when all is said and done.  Can anyone offer me any
pointers?

I guess a broader question is, how can you control the options that you
could normally set in ./configure when installing via ports?

Please cc me in any responses sent, thanks a bunch.

Anyone who subscribes to questions, sorry for the cross-post, I didn't
realize there was a freebsd-ports until I already posted to questions.