HEADS UP: linux_base-8 upgrade requires immediate testing

Fri Dec 24 15:33:16 PST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:59:13 +0100
Sascha Holzleiter <sascha at daemonground.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 00:15 -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > So, everyone (especially those with access to a RELENG_4 system),
> > please grab the patch at
> >
> >   http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/port-patches/linux.diff
> >
> > apply it, follow the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING, and test
> > that various linux applications continue to run correctly.
>
> The patch seems to rely on files/gtk.immodules for linux-gtk2, but this
> was removed from the port on 2004/12/15 and generated in the
> post-install target which the patch removes. Seems the patch was made
> against a version before this change.

More or less... I forgot to remove the install of files/gtk.immodules
after catching up with the auto-generation of gtk.immodules.

The fixed patch should hit my webpage in some minutes.

Bye,
Alexander.