FreeBSD Port: xmbibtex-1.5

Doug Barton DougB at dougbarton.net
Wed Dec 22 16:19:59 PST 2004

Rob wrote:

> Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 06:16:52PM +0900, Rob wrote:
>>
>>> Please apply.
>>

>> Port updates should be sent via GNATS (using send-pr(8)), otherwise
>> they're not tracked and tend to get overlooked.  If someone doesn't
>> commit this immediately, please resubmit it there.
>>
>> Kris
>

> I have to pull out here. I'm always getting very frustrated when this
> send-pr issue kills my contributions.

Realistically, send-pr is the way that we handle this stuff, so if you want
to make a contribution, you should put some thought into making it work.

> I seem to have the only FreeBSD PC in my environment and my FreeBSD PC is
> not allowed to send emails by the mailing system.

Is there a possibility of using a smart host to forward the mail? This is
usually easily accomplished by adding the smart host to the DS line in
sendmail.cf, and then restarting sendmail.

You might also consider asking for help from someone on the list who can
submit the PR for you.

There are probably other solutions as well.

Or, you could do nothing. Your choice.

Hope this helps,

Doug

--
    If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough