master sites for deskutils/plans

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sun Dec 19 14:30:43 PST 2004

On 20 Dec 2004 at 7:40, Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 03:24:05PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> > As mentioned on IRC, I had a look at the master sites for
> > deskutils/plans.  I have no idea why "make master-sites-all"
> > does not return the expected value:
> >
> > $ make master-sites-all
> > ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/
>
> master-sites-all returns master-sites with all distfiles.
>
> I had a look at bsd.port.mk, but I couldn't find a way to get all
> the groups out of it except for parsing DISTFILES:
>
> [~/cvs/ports/deskutils/plans] edwin at k7>make -V DISTFILES
> plans_6.5.2.zip:plans  powerani.gif:logo
>
> for each group
>     [~/cvs/ports/deskutils/plans] edwin at k7>make -V _MASTER_SITES_plans
>     http://www.planscalendar.com/release/
>     [~/cvs/ports/deskutils/plans] edwin at k7>make -V _MASTER_SITES_logo
>     http://www.freebsd.org/gifs/
>
> So the idea is: MASTER_SITES_ALL returns master-sites where all
> files could be found, and MASTER_SITES_group returns master-sites
> where files for that group could be found.
>
> It would be nice to have a DISTFILES_GROUPS variable in bsd.port.mk,
> after all it gets called 12 times in the whole process.

lesi showed me this patch:

   http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/other/master-site-any.diff

and mentioned that it would need more testing and removal of
duplicates.

Would something like that be useful if committed?

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/