master sites for deskutils/plans

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Dec 19 12:41:01 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 03:24:05PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> As mentioned on IRC, I had a look at the master sites for
> deskutils/plans.  I have no idea why "make master-sites-all"
> does not return the expected value:
>
> $ make master-sites-all
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/

master-sites-all returns master-sites with all distfiles.

I had a look at bsd.port.mk, but I couldn't find a way to get all
the groups out of it except for parsing DISTFILES:

[~/cvs/ports/deskutils/plans] edwin at k7>make -V DISTFILES
plans_6.5.2.zip:plans  powerani.gif:logo

for each group
    [~/cvs/ports/deskutils/plans] edwin at k7>make -V _MASTER_SITES_plans
    http://www.planscalendar.com/release/
    [~/cvs/ports/deskutils/plans] edwin at k7>make -V _MASTER_SITES_logo
    http://www.freebsd.org/gifs/

So the idea is: MASTER_SITES_ALL returns master-sites where all
files could be found, and MASTER_SITES_group returns master-sites
where files for that group could be found.

It would be nice to have a DISTFILES_GROUPS variable in bsd.port.mk,
after all it gets called 12 times in the whole process.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/