[REQ]: FreshPorts kannel entry

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Dec 15 16:33:44 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 01:26:08AM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> Hi Kris,
>
> I'm the release manager for the Kannel SMS and WAP gateway
> <http://www.kannel.org>, just seeing your enty at
>
>    http://www.freshports.org/www/kannel/
>
> states that the old stable 1.2.1 was broken on alpha64. Can you give the
> new 1.4.0 stable release a try?

Sorry, I don't have an alpha machine myself, nor time to work on a
port update.  If someone submits an update to the FreeBSD port, I
could try it on the alpha package machines.

> Is there a chance to have access to a FreeBSD alpha machine for getting
> Kannel tested on it?!

You could ask on the freebsd-alpha at FreeBSD.org mailing list.

> BTW, who is currently the maintainer of the Kannel packege for FreeBSD? I'm
> setting up a list for port maintainers in order to keep them updated.

This port has no maintainer in FreeBSD, unfortunately.

Kris