PATCH: Adding config-recursive to bsd.port.mk

Chris Dillon cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
Mon Dec 13 22:15:13 PST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 10:24:38PM -0600, Chris Dillon wrote:
>>
>> I got tired of starting long port builds with lots of dependances
>> (KDE, etc.) and having many of the ports stop the whole build
>> process to ask me what config options I wanted.  So, I thought what
>> if I could easily pre-config all of the dependancies?  Here is the
>> result, pretty much cut & paste from the fetch-recursive bits.
>> Patch attached, but if it doesn't come through it is available
>> here:
>
> Shouldn't it only do this for ports which aren't installed yet?

What harm might come if the port is already installed and we create a
new config file for it?  All I can think of is that some of the
options you thought you were going to get may not be there when it is
all done since the port was already built, but it shouldn't break
anything.  At worst, you would have to re-install those ports which
were already installed to affect the changes you made to the config.
You would have had to do that anyway if it were necessary, even
without running this.  This just gives you an easy way to run 'make
config' on all the dependancies of a particular port.

If you think this check is something that really needs to be done, it
looks like I could easily add a check for either already-config'd or
already-installed.  I'm not a ports-guru so I'm not 100% sure what
should be done here. :-)

--
  Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
  FreeBSD: The fastest, most open, and most stable OS on the planet

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?