distfile for lang/ifc

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Fri Dec 10 15:39:14 PST 2004

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> M. L. Dodson wrote:

>>> Somewhere in the download section (not thw "What's new" section),
>>> search for old files.
>>>

>> I thought that was the case.  I did it about 3 weeks ago.
>>

> I thought I had looked and not found it, but I think I should try again.

The problem I am having is that I am not able to get a premier support
account, because whenever I try I get an "internal error" message from
the Intel web site.  I looked in
ftp://download.intel.com/software/products/compilers/downloads/ which I
assumed would be the place where everything is, and couldn't find the
versions which the FreeBSD port needs.

>>> This doesn't work with the update from 8.0 to 8.1 (at least this wasn't
>>> the case for icc, and ifc seems to be similar to icc).
>>>

> I just tried this last night, and at least superficially (i.e. it did
> make and install) it did seem to work.  I did have to edit a few things
> (like the PATCHLEVEL stuff) but it didn't amount to very much at all.

Well it was superficial.  Trying to compile a program got me an error
message something to the effect that it couldn't find the directory
containing g++.

So I tried l_fc_p_8.0.034.tar.gz which I found on the Intel ftp server -
so far this does seem to work.

Thanks, Stephen