[kde-freebsd] extra dirrectories to remove

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Dec 10 09:52:51 PST 2004

[ ...trimmed multiposting between lists somewhat... ]

Michael Nottebrock wrote:
[ ... ]
>> May be it will better remove them in a "parent" port (kdelibs?, qt?)?
>> Or each port have to try to remove them?
>
> We've been kicking the idea of a kdehier port around (analog to gnomehier),
> but it's not easy to determine what dirs it should hold (there's no complete
> canonical directory hierarchy for KDE and things change between releases).
>
> So, yes, each port should try to remove them. A plist generated with the
> standard semi-automatic scripts that have been around for ages or the example
> will be correct, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I can confirm that "pkg_delete -x kde" will try to remove those files many
times over, which generates benign warnings that the package packing list was
incorrectly specified, but otherwise seems to work as expected.

I would be happy to see just a single port responsible for the creation and
deletion of that directory hierarchy, but, failing that, can't the individual
ports be made smart enough to notice whether or not they created a path and
generate a correct packing list dynamicly?

--
-Chuck