FreeBSD Port: mgetty-1.1.31

John R. Haggis haggis at cesium.com
Wed Dec 8 09:49:52 PST 2004

I added the package mgetty-1.1.31 to my FreeBSD 5.2.1 and it successfully
installed but did not create the required configuration files, mainly
/usr/local/etc/mgetty+sendfax/mgetty.config and voice.conf.

I downloaded some recent source and looked at the Makefile and there is an
integrated system to set up default policies and dynamically generate the
aforementioned default conf files at the time the package is built.  I
would rather not rebuild the whole package.

FYI, some of the more esoteric config files (dialin.config, faxrun1.config,
faxspool.rules, login.config, faxheader) did install in
/usr/local/etc/mgetty+sendfax.

Why didn't the main config files install with the pkg_add?  What is the
best way to get them and finish setting this up (like, what else am I missing)?

Regards,

John

John R. Haggis               haggis at cesium.com
Millennium Research