'dynamic' options questions

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Tue Dec 7 14:55:32 PST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 05:23:28PM -0500, Brian Reichert wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 07:53:01PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > So, I guess what I'm asking is:
> >
> > - what's the 'correct' way of doing auto-dependencies
> > - is the form in which there is no way of forcing such a dependency a bug
> >   (ie can I send-pr this example and any others I come across)
>
> As I hope to put together a jail-based package builder myself, what
> I was considering, and might as well ask you about:
>
> Could you not, for your jails, maintain a pkgtools.conf(5) file?
>
> Just copy it in when you provision your jail, then use 'portupgrade
> -P' to let your jail fetch needed packages to satisfy dependancies,
> as to build the targeted package?

That was what I was doing; but I was building net/gaim on its own and I
couldn't figure out how to force the build with evolution support. Joe
pointed me in the right direction.

I'm still not decided on whether to start a completely fresh jail on
each package rebuild, or just use portupgrade for the non-complete
desktop upgrades and only 'reset' the jail for GNOME 2.6 -> 2.8
alike transitions.

--Stijn

--
There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of
the most popular are 'Why are people born?', 'Why do they die?', and