have 'autoconf259', but no 'autoconf'

Rasmus Kaj kaj at kth.se
Tue Dec 7 05:29:02 PST 2004

 JS> Hello,

Hi!

 JS> using ports, I got several versions of autoconf and friends
 JS> installed as dependencies. Now I have autoconf259, autoconfXXX,
 JS> automakeXXX etc, but no 'autoconf', automake' etc. This confuses
 JS> some ./configure's of third party software.

One way to fix this (it might even be "right" way) is to add
/usr/local/libexec/autoconf259 (, /usr/local/libexec/libtool15, and
/usr/local/libexec/automake19) to PATH.

That seems to enable me to go through the entire auto* hazzle for some
projects ...

--
 \                                    !07/11 PDP a ni deppart m'I  !pleH