FreeBSD port of klibido has been submitted for approval

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Tue Dec 7 04:37:11 PST 2004

[ Cc: to ports at freebsd.org
  Come on, guys!  Commit this thing already!  :-)
]

In article <pan.2004.12.05.13.56.46.921106 at cox.replytogroup.net.please>,
Duncan  <news.duncan at cox.replytogroup.net.please> wrote:
>Duncan posted
><pan.2004.12.05.12.17.09.576626 at cox.replytogroup.net.please>, excerpted
>below,  on Sun, 05 Dec 2004 05:17:09 -0700:
>
>> Conrad J. Sabatier posted <3NQrd.112288$%x.81533 at okepread04>, excerpted
>> below,  on Fri, 03 Dec 2004 03:08:47 +0000:
>>
>>> Well, I just finished up the port of klibido to FreeBSD and sent it in for
>>> approval to be included in the official FreeBSD ports collection.
>>
>> Excellent news! =8^)
>
>Also note (if you hadn't) that he's mentioned the FreeBSD port and
>credited you (Conrad, OP) with it, on the home page. That's really cool!

Yes, I noticed that, and thought that was really nice of him.  :-)

Now, if I could just get the people in charge of the FreeBSD ports
collection to go ahead and commit the damned thing already!  I've built and
run it on both of my machines (one amd64, the other athlon), and it works
fine on both.  And the port framework seems to be solid, too.  When I went
to build it on the 32-bit machine, where I didn't have most of the
dependencies already installed, they were all built and installed during the
build of klibido.  So, it all looks right from here.  :-)

I am really anxious to have others be able to start using and enjoying this
most excellent program.  It certainly fills a gaping void for us here in
Unixland.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"