FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Craig Boston craig at yekse.gank.org
Sun Dec 5 19:26:19 PST 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 5:05 am, linimon at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> portname:           security/isakmpd
> maintainer:         ports at FreeBSD.org
> deprecated because:
> http://vuxml.freebsd.org/b7cb488c-8349-11d8-a41f-0020ed76ef5a.html
> (security)
> expiration date:    2004-11-21
> build errors:       none.

So, isakmpd is being removed due to security problems; and racoon leaks memory
like a bucket with a hole in it.  Does anybody know of any good IKE daemons
for IPSEC?

Currently I'm using racoon with a script to restart it every so often.  I was
planning to switch to isakmpd, but now I'm reconsidering.  Even if it gets
fixed before the deadline there may be more lurking about.

Craig