PHP Splittup issues (aka preg_replace missing)

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Sat Dec 4 12:30:10 PST 2004

I ran into this myself over the last couple of days.  Here's what I did to
fix it (in no particular order):

	Deinstall all vestiges of old PHP modules.
	Install php4-4.3.9.
	Install php4-extensions.
	Rebuild apache (I actually upgraded it to 1.3.33; I also run with
	mod_ssl, mod_accel and mod_deflate builtin).
	Rebuild mod_perl (almost certainly unrelated, but WTH).

After I did all of this, I made certain to kill and restart the server.
Somewhere in the process I fixed things and the last time I restarted the
server (kinda by definition, I guess) it worked.  I'm not sure exactly
which of the above fixed it, although I'm pretty sure rebuilding mod_perl
_didn't_ :-), but the combination did the trick.

Before that point, by the way, I, too, was seeing the "can't load module"
errors.  Clearly, the new way of handling the extensions is very much
incompatible with older installations.

My $.02; hope it helps.
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com	http://www.exit.com/