OPTIONS usage in lang/python

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Thu Dec 2 06:13:52 PST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Florent Thoumie wrote:

> Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > I need to get some action out of what seems to be a really new feature of
> > ports, the OPTIONS keyword.  In the latest version of the lang/python
> > port, I need to get some of the options activated, but I'm not certain of
> > the ssyntax, so I can't tell if I've invoked it.
> >
> > Can I ask, if one of the options is named "THREADS", then how do I go
> > about activating that option?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> 	Scroll down and you'll find the WITHOUT_THREADS knob. Just set this
> 	variable to something.

Well, let's try answering my question --- does that mean, to activate it,
you would use something like WITH_THREADS=YES ?? I tried turning on
everything in the OPTIONS list that way, and then grepping the listing for
the words, but they didn't show up, so I was worried that I had misused
it.

I want to determine the syntax for the OPTIONS keywords, both to turn them
on and turn them off.

Hmm, that first sentence reads a little miffed ... sorry, I always react
that way, when folks write up docs by igivng an example  instead of giving
the real data.  It never fails to tick me off, just my hot button.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).