HEADS UP: Ports tree will be frozen in one week

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 27 14:34:48 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 17:25, Clement Laforet wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:36:50 -0400
> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > The ports tree will be frozen for the 5.3-RELEASE builds in one week
> > (Friday September 3, 2004 at 2300 UTC).  This freeze is scheduled to
> > last two weeks.  During this time, only portmgr approved commits will
> > be allowed.
>
> apache 2.0.51 will surely be released during freeze, do you think I can
> have an approval for an update, or should I backport some fixes?

I would bank on backporting fixes unless re@ feels strongly that apache
2.0.51 be in the release.  The reason I say that is that the testing
period might not be long enough, and if there is a major problem,
5.3-RELEASE will forever have a bad apache2 bundled with it.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org