php5 port

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Aug 26 16:56:00 PDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Alex Dupre wrote:

> Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe wrote:
>
>> What part don't they agree with?
>
> Part of people, not part of changes, but mainly because they didn't read
> ports/UPDATING :)

Actually, in my case, the changes have delayed being able to do any
upgrades, as when I change the install in one place, it affects ~200 other
installs within hours :(  Which means ~200 php.ini files that have to be
modified for the change from 'built in modules' to 'php.ini based
extensions' ...

Don't get me wrong, the 'php.ini based extensions' will prove a long term
benefit in our environment also ... its the switch over that is a major
PITA :(

----