.include "files/somefile" before .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Thu Aug 26 16:08:05 PDT 2004

Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:

> Thanks for help.
>
> Well, a few day ago when I stepped into the office, one one of my
> colleagues desktop (he is running enlightenment wm) I've seen a nice
> LCARS Star Trek interface. After spending nearly 12 hours searching the
> net for something similar for KDE, but with no luck, I've email kde@ and
> lauri at kde.org passed my some links, including an incomplete such a theme
> that includes a LCARS skin for xmms, suggesting I try to bring up to
> date the theme (it's for kde2).
>
> Digging around in the ports tree I didn't found any xmms skin port, so I
> thought I could do a more complete job that just the LCARS skin.
>
> Attached are the Make file and distinfo for the master port, which
> server also as a meta-port and a Makefile for a slave (skin category,
> type) port.

http://www.1001winampskins.com/copyright.html says:
"you may not link to images and downloadable files found on this website
within referring web documents"

I'm not sure whether this means manual download. OTOH it says: "All
skins found on this site are copyrighted by their respective authors.
Detailed copyright information to each individual skin may be included
in the corresponding downloadable skin-files."

So IMHO it would be best to download the skins, unpack them, examine the
copyright and repack them all together in one tgz.

> I've wrote a script to parse the WWW site and auto-create each slave
> port and I want to use a variant of it for updating and having the
> distfiles in another file would make the job much easy.

Uhm, I'm not sure whether this will work. Are you sure you won't violate
any copyrights by this?

> The SKIN_PORTS I want to included from a file (it's commented out in the
> Mkefile, not complete, it should be PORTNAME.PORTVERSION so that the
> meta-port can RUN_DEPEND on some file to know when a port have changed)

Anyway, wouldn't it be better to have just one (or a couple of)
collection(s) instead of a huge number of slave ports?

> BTW, for DISTFILES like ``ReaperPro(BluE).wsz'',
> ``[rustedoldthing].wsz'' I can't make it work, esp. in variables
> substitution (see the makefile).

This is doable, but probably not worth the effort. Repackaging seems
like a viable solution here.
-Oliver