Broken port palm/prc-tools "Incorrect pkg-plist" - Questions for fix

Alexander Koch ak+fbsd-ports at meersau.de
Thu Aug 26 15:47:17 PDT 2004

Thus spoke Oliver Eikemeier:
> Alexander Koch wrote:
> >[...]
> >Is this enough? What else should I do to make the fix work
> >correctly on other systems (I have a 4.10 and a 5.2.1 to test the
> >make targets)? Or should I leave the port untouched and ask for
> >someone else to do it, who have more experiences with ports and
> >try a smaller (less complicated) port?
>
> When `make package'; pkg_delete; pkg_add works and the port seems to
> run, this should be sufficient. Just send-pr the diff.

The port creates during the build process directorys outside
WRKSRC, the port was BROKEN by this back in 1999 (Revision 1.13).
I have no idea how to change this, at the moment. Will the port
become again BROKEN after I solved the pkg-plist? I hope not.

The pkg-plist itself is now working and I can compile example
programs from the Palm SDK :-)

Also the PREFIX is set to /usr/local/pilot, so that 'make
deinstall' or pkg_delete does not remove the directory completly
(but without warnings ;). The port use its own PREFIX since the
earlys revisions. I think it is because prc-tools must install
some gcc stuff before prc-tools can compile successful. Can I
leave this problem for someone else or is it sufficient to remove
/usr/local/pilot completly during deinstallation? I have not
found another port which use this prefix.

Alex