question about specifying amavisd-new option in pkgtools.conf?

George Hartzell hartzell at kestrel.alerce.com
Tue Aug 24 20:32:56 PDT 2004

Scot Hetzel writes:
 > On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:23:17 -0700, George Hartzell
 > > The Makefile looks for a couple of files and if it can't find them, it
 > > does this:
 > >
 > > AMAVIS_NOMILTER="@comment "
 > >

 > > I've tried a variety of quotes and spaces in my pkgtools.conf MAKEARGS
 > > section, and can't get anything to work.  Most of the (like this one)
 > > end up loosing the space and the install tools don't know what to do
 > > with @comment concatenated onto the beginning of a filename:
 > >
 > >        'security/amavisd-new'  => 'AMAVIS_NOMILTER=@comment',
 > >
 > You need to define the variable so that there is a space after comment:
 >
 >   'security/amavisd-new' => 'AMAVIS_NOMILTER="@comment "',

Tried that.  It turns into this (from portinstall -f security/amavisd-new):

--->  Building '/usr/ports/security/amavisd-new' with make flags: "AMAVIS_NOMILTER=@comment "

which then drops the space at the end.

I've tried a variety of quotes, backslashes, single quotes, etc...  I
was getting frustrated (no excuse, but...), so I didn't write down
everything I tried....

g.