X.org, firefox, and bitstream-vera

Eric Anholt anholt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 18 12:53:34 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 02:59, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Last Saturday, I've upgraded all of my ports on my 5.2-CURRENT
> notebook, including switching to X.org.  Everything went fine,
> except I now get insane large fonts when browsing www.FreeBSD.org,
> for example.  I tracked it down to the bitstream-vera port which
> is a runtime dependency of the x11-fonts/xorg-fonts-truetype.
> I was wondering, is there any real need for this dependency?

bitstream-vera has been part of the X distribution since XFree86 4.3.0.
Instead of using the distribution-supplied bits (which should be exactly
the same), I used our existing port.  You're the second person to report
this issue with www.freebsd.org and bitstream-vera, but it's also what I
use and I don't see any problems.  Not sure what to say here.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org