port download question

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Tue Aug 17 09:24:06 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Robert Nagy wrote:

> Stardate [040817 16:48]. Mohacsi Janos of Borg wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> 	How should I specify the MASTER_SITES and DISTNAME for a
>> particular port if it requires HTTP POST operation to download the
>> distribution file.
>> 	Thank,
>>
> 1) You can write a script (e.g. in perl) that does the thing. Then
> you can call that script from the fetch target.

I know, but I was looking for a general solution, that is available in
port intratructure. I take a quick look the makefiles, but I did not find
anything yet.

> 2) You can force the user to grab the distfile(s) manually.
> Just like ports/java/jdk14.

I believe, that forcing users to download the file manually is done only,
because of the license resctricitions. Force users to read the license
pages.

Best Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98