Broken pkg-plist files

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Aug 14 14:19:33 PDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 05:07:27PM -0400, Adam Weinberger wrote:

> > http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-latest-logs/extras.html
> >> end of "Broken pkg-plist files" from Kirill Ponomarew <<
>
> There's a lot of stuff in there that really shouldn't be. All of the
> locale stuff shouldn't have to be in plists; PREFIX/share/locale/*
> should be ignored. Same goes for things like usr/local/var,
> usr/local/www, the GNOME gconf.xml.defaults stuff, generic perl lib
> directories, etc.

To a first approximation, maybe.  Strictly, ports should not leave
these directories behind, so they should eventually be fixed or listed
in BSD.local.dist.

> If those false positive directories were grepped out, the list would be
> a LOT easier to parse. As it is, it looks like the vast majority of our
> ports are present in that list.

Yes, fixing things like the locale mess is a big job though..I started
on it a while back but ran out of time to work on it.  Weeding out the
false positives is part of my long-term plans, so I can then make it a
fatal error.

kKris