ports dependency bug report: perl5

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Aug 14 11:43:44 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 12:59, kstewart wrote:
> Did you update perl using the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING. You need to
> run use.perl port and then update all of the p5-*, and then update automake.

For what it's worth, I followed the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING
and had the same thing happen.  "portupgrade -f"ing perl a second time
and rerunning "use.perl port" got things back.

I'm still not sure what happened but the symlinks were in an odd state
which suggests that "use.perl port" didn't quite finish the first time
it ran.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH