Trying to create a port - help needed

Rob B robbyrnes at fastmail.com.au
Sat Aug 7 22:41:02 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to make a new port (first effort at this), and running the
PREFIX test (make clean; make package PREFIX=/var/tmp/polipo), this is
the failure :

==>   Registering installation for polipo-0.9.5
===>  Building package for polipo-0.9.5
Creating package /usr/ports/packages/All/polipo-0.9.5.tgz
Registering depends:.
Creating gzip'd tar ball in '/usr/ports/packages/All/polipo-0.9.5.tgz'
tar: man/man1/polipo.1.gz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: bin/polipo: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: etc/polipo/config: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: etc/polipo/forbidden: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 512

*** Error code 1

This application has it's own Makefile, and the paths are set up thus:

PREFIX = /usr/local
BINDIR = $(PREFIX)/bin
MANDIR = $(PREFIX)/man
INFODIR = $(PREFIX)/info
LOCAL_ROOT = /usr/share/polipo/www
DISK_CACHE_ROOT = /var/cache/polipo

Should I patch the Makefile to convert the $(PREFIX) variable into
${PREFIX} to get things working properly?

thanks,
Rob