dspam returning -5 on submiting spam (was: Re: dspam-devel 3.1.0)

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Fri Aug 6 22:02:59 PDT 2004

On Sat,  7 Aug 2004 06:32:58 +0200
"Sebastian Yepes F. [ESN]" <esn at x123.info> wrote:

> ----- Message from itetcu at people.tecnik93.com ---------    Date: Sat, 7
> Aug 2004
> 04:41:37 +0300    From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com>Reply-To:
> Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com> Subject: Re: dspam-devel 3.1.0
>   To: "Sebastian Yepes F. [ESN]" <esn at x123.info>

 [ ... ]

> > Could you please sent the output of postconf -n and dspam --version, a
> > snip of maillog, a snip of /usr/local/etc/dspam/sql.error and snip of
> > dspam.messages all corresponding to one message. Do a touch
> > /usr/local/etc/dspam/.debug before the test message.

> first of all sorry for the un-warped..
>
> Ok now i have just fixed the false alarm problem (query error: verbose debug:
> see sql.errors for more details)
>
> I rebuilded my port without rm -r /var/db/ports/dspam-devel  ;)

make rmconfig was intended in place of that.

> Ok but i still have the Spam reporting problem it return -5
>
> **
> /etc/mail/aliases
> spam-esn:       "|/usr/local/bin/dspam --user esn --class=spam --source=error
> --mode=teft"

ok.

> **
> postconf -n

 [ ... an usual postfix with mailbox_cmd set correctly ]

> **
> dspam --version

> Configuration parameters: --disable-debug --disable-verbose-debug
[...]
 --enable-signature-headers
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When you *forward* the mail back to dpsam the original mail's headers
are not passed, hence dspam gets a message that it knows is has been bad
classified, but it does not know on which tokens he has do do the
retraining since the X-DSPAM-Signature is not in the email.

Either *bounce* the message or disable that option.

This is covered in the dspam README, about which the pkg-message tells
you in its beginning.

If that doesn't help I really need debug output. Please recompile with debug
(no need for verbose debug, I hope), create a .debug file in DSPAM_HOME
and give me the content of dspam.debug. (If you recompile with verbose
debug, give also sql.error).

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"