-Current build problems with audio/arts: "lt-mcopidl in free(): error: chunk is already free" and core dumped

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Aug 6 09:55:50 PDT 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 18:41, P.D. Seniura wrote:

> Still got Abort/dump from mcopidl.
> RM'd the /etc/malloc.conf and changed/unset
> the MALLOC_OPTIONS string.

That won't work, -CURRENT _defaults_ to warnings==errors.

Do: ln -sf aj /etc/malloc.conf to set it to RELEASE defaults.

> The _real_ fix would be to figure out where
> the double-free() is occurring inside the
> mcopidl pgm.  It isn't pure C++ it has to
> go thru some mortifications (looks like a
> mix of yacc / bison).  So the bug could be
> just about anywhere.

As I've said before, I'm not seeing that double-free at all. Perhaps you have
libraries which mcopidl links to and which are left over from the gcc-3.3
era? Hot candidates are glib-2.0 and libiconv.

Also, as said before: If everything fails, use the package.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org