subversion broken with apache2 now in ports

Clement Laforet clement at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 4 14:07:13 PDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:47:32 +0400
Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

Hi Lev,

>  What do you think about using `INSTALLS_SHLIB=yes' and
> `LDCONFIG_DIRS=%%PREFIX%%/lib/apache2' in apache2 port (of course,
> when it is not builded with `devel/apr' libapr)?
>  IMHO, it will help even if apavche2 disable
>  (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh was not run on startup).

Same problem, if you reboot your system with apache2 disabled, ldconfig
-m ${PREFIX}/lib/apache2 is not run. So you surely can't rebuild the
port.
Yesterday, I tested a small patch which adds a pseudo apr standalone
mode for apache2, it installs libapr in ${PREFIX}/lib (but keeps headers
in ${PREFIX}/include/apache2). This is not a viable solution.
The only solution is to split apache2 port, even if I dislike this
solution. So, I'll work on an devel/apr-apache2 port ASAP.

clem