subversion broken with apache2 now in ports

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 2 11:51:26 PDT 2004

Hello Sean,

>>   Subversion ALWAYS uses libapr, and if it uses apache2's one, here are
>> problem, intorduced by apache2's maintainer, when he decided to put
>> `libapr' from apache not to ${PREFIX}/lib.
SM> OK, thanks.  Then I'm right back where we started and I consider this
SM> broken.  There is no documentation, pkg-message or anything stating to
SM> add /usr/local/lib/apache2 to ld-elf.so.conf.  I think it was a big
SM> mistake to place shared apache libs in a subdirectory.
  I'm agree with you. I'm waiting for next commit inot `www/apache2' (maintainer wrote, that he does last tests before new commit) and if it will not fix problem, add description of situation and instructions to `pkg-message' for subversion.
  But it is ugly situation :(

--
Best regards,
 Lev                            mailto:lev at FreeBSD.org