A doubt!

Volker Kindermann freebsd at secspace.de
Sun Aug 1 01:24:55 PDT 2004

Hi,

>  I'd like to know if it is possible to specify port specific build
> option in /etc/make.conf. For example compile GNU make WITHOUT_NLS
> support and another port with NLS support.

I don't think that it's possible in /etc/make.conf. If I understand it
correctly, make.conf is mainly for the base system.

But you can install the /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade port. There you
have a configuration files which holds port specific options. It's
located in /usr/local/etc/ and called pkgtools.conf

 -volker