FreeBSD Port: joe-devel-2.9.8

Matt Mills matt_mills at btopenworld.com
Tue Apr 27 10:25:32 PDT 2004

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Matt Mills <matt_mills at btopenworld.com> writes:
>

>>Just an FYI - JOE v3.0 was released on April 22nd.
>

> AFAICS, the ports tree is frozen (see
> <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.10R/schedule.html>), so the
> update cannot be committed right now -- unless it fixes serious joe bugs
> and gets portmgr@ approval.
>
> If you know _COMPELLING_ reasons to update to 3.0, bring them forth.
>
> If it's just in the "nice to have" department, then the update will
> happen after the ports tree unfreeze. A couple of days only probably.

Sorry, I had no idea the ports tree was frozen for an upcoming release.
It makes sense, I just never thought about it.

The only reason I was in such a hurry to see the joe-devel port updated
was because I read that it now has syntax highlighting, which exicted me :)

Thanks for the response, and sorry once more for time wasting.

--
Matt