[dspam-users] thanks for dspam, my experiences on FreeBSD, suggestions

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Mon Apr 26 16:39:34 PDT 2004

[ dspam-users at nuclearelephant.com dropped ]

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:45:17 +0200
Rob Evers <rob at debank.tv> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
>
> >[ as we're discussing more FreeBSD specific details, I've cc'ed
> >ports at FreeBSD.org if you feel this goes off-topic for dspam-users let's
> >follow up there ]
> >
> Good idea.
>
> I've prepared a merged patch that I'll submit shortly,
> if you have any comments or ideas please let me know.
> Thanks for your input and patches.

1. I haven't been able to make dspam work with postfix mailbox_command
any other way that world executable. I didn't put this in my PR since I
wasn't sure it wasn't some kind of pilot error on my part and I really
don't like to install by default an 4511 with owner root. Now I'm
curious: for sendmail, qmail and postfix we need this; what about exim ?

2. DSPAM_USERDIR - I don't like mixing config files and data files.
However, I don't know if there's much we can do without chasing each
release and patch it. I'll take a look at the source this week and see.
Anyway, since OPTIONS are used, in pre-everything I guess we could echo
a message about DSPAM_USERDIR (else it would probably be missed because
of options).

3. In pre-configure (as post `make config` ) maybe we should test if the
user has selected MYSQL_COMPRESS or VIRT_USERS without MYSQL (and once
the PG driver is in we would have to test for that to; btw did you tried
the oracle driver ?). Of course it will be obvious it doesn't work, but
maybe we want to be nice :)

4. It seems (2.10.3) ALT_BAYESIAN is enabled by default and I missed
that, so I would suggest that we drop this.

5. What bout the CGI (Daniel's request) ?

What about a dspam-devel port ?

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"