PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND and some gnome ports

Melvyn Sopacua ports at webteckies.org
Sat Apr 17 04:07:53 PDT 2004

Hi,

on which assumption is the following statement based:
===>  Configuring for gnomevfs2-2.6.0_1
gnomevfs2-2.6.0_1: bind installed with PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND causes build
problems.
If I comment out the pre-configure target:
===>   Registering installation for gnomevfs2-2.6.0_1
===>  Building package for gnomevfs2-2.6.0_1
Creating package /usr/ports/packages/All/gnomevfs2-2.6.0_1.tbz

So no problem.

The same assumption has been made in www/firefox, which also builds correctly
for me.
Maybe this should be a message, along the lines of "If you get the following
build error ...., you cannot install this port or deinstall the bind9-base
port", because now it seems like FUD to me.

--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #3: Sun Apr  4
02:24:06 CEST 2004
root at sarevok.webteckies.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG  i386