INDEX generation on a part of /usr/ports

Alex Kapranoff alex at kapranoff.ru
Fri Apr 16 01:36:56 PDT 2004

Good day to all!

I used to have only part of Ports collection on my servers (unneeded
directories excluded via cvsup refuse-files) and about a week ago
INDEX generation started to fail like this:

Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..===> russian/xmms failed:
"Makefile", line 21: Could not find /usr/ports/russian/xmms/../../multimedia/xmms/Makefile
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1
1 error

As far as I understand we no longer support incomplete ports
hierarchy, am I right? This is stated in the error message, but I
somehow wanted to make sure everyone needs all those /usr/ports/x11-*
on their webservers from now on :))

--AK