ports and DESTDIR (was: Second "RFC" on pkg-data idea for ports)

Jens Schweikhardt schweikh at schweikhardt.net
Tue Apr 13 11:13:18 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:16:22AM -0400, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
# [...]  I just feel there are more fun, pressing problems in the ports
# tree to solve than space savings, and time is better spent there [...]

For starters: one real BIG problem (at least for me) the ports system
still has is a lack of DESTDIR support. We can

  make installkernel DESTDIR=/foo
  make installworld  DESTDIR=/foo

but try this with ports and let all hope go. There is even a PR in the
queue that solves some issues, but it has been left to rot for years,
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/28155

Any takers?

Regards,

	Jens