Second "RFC" on pkg-data idea for ports

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Apr 12 20:53:34 PDT 2004

At 11:40 PM -0400 4/12/04, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>What I'd like is some idea of whether this project is worth
>pursuing.  If not, then Darren and I will concentrate on some
>other, less disruptive project....
>
>If this project does not seem like it would be worth the effort,
>then that will be perfectly okay too.  Please let me know what
>you think...

Note that I am expecting that "silence" means the project is
NOT worth doing.  I can not commit these changes without help
from some ports-collection experts, and I do not want to risk
spending a few weeks of work on this only to find out that no
one will be willing to commit the changes.  So, I do not plan
to continue working on this unless I have some indication that
people really think it is worth doing.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu