automake 1.4 -> 1.8 ?

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 9 09:48:45 PDT 2004

On Apr 09, 2004, at 09:27, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> Thanks for your response. Will there then also be a chance to run
> aclocal and libtool ?

Eventually, yes.  Right now, I'm working on removing all direct
dependencies onto autoconf/automake/libtool, in preference to using the
various knobs.

Once that's done, I'll be looking for additional feature requests for
the infrastructure, and alongside that, working with port maintainers
to get their ports up to the latest and greatest versions of the
autotools code.

Patches welcome.  See
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~ade/patches/bsd.autotools.mk for the
current planned version after ports/63571 has been committed.

-aDe